Central to Chod is benefiting others, and indeed Chod is renowned for its power to heal illness, stop epidemics and pacify disturbances of weather, and of place. Part of MaChik Labdron’s legacy is a remarkable set of Cho healing practices that purify the causes of psychological and physical illness, clearing karma and helping our awakening.
How Healing Chod Works
Blessing streams from the lineage of enlightened forces, combined with clearing of karmic debts have immense impact on the individual, whether they are physically present, or connected via a remote sample. In this traditional process, a picture, strand of hair (and its DNA) or piece of clothing is used to resonate to our entire stream of being. Placed on the shrine, this holds your unique energy fingerprint and vibrational signature, linking to you to whatever ritual is taking place, regardless of location or situation.
The Effects of Healing Chod
Tibetan Healing Chod impacts those connected to the healing ritual in numerous ways:
- BODY: Purifying karmic and spiritual causes of physical disease.
- MIND: Pacifying of patterns of anger, fear and confusion.
- SPIRIT: Clearing obstacles to spiritual practice and development.
- SOCIAL: Cutting through disturbances to happiness, prosperity and security.
- PERSONAL: Diminishing obstacles to healthier, more intimate relationships.
- DEMONIC: Clearing of the negative impact of non-human entities or maras.
- PROTECTION: Averting the harmful influences or contamination by ill-will of others.
- KARMIC: Resolving past-life blockages that result in material and spiritual problems.
- MERIT: Accumulating positive karma for physical, emotional and spiritual progress.
- ENVIRONMENTAL: Clearing of obstacles tied to home, land or regions; reclaiming damaged environments and ecosystems.
Lama Choying spends a great deal of his time making “house calls” with his crew of lamas, performing whatever rituals are needed for the sick, dying, those needed financial help, a lost child, building a new home, etc, etc. Your packet is included in ALL these rituals, as Lama is extremely strict about taking them wherever he is bound, to include the remote participants in the whatever healing or remediation is taking place.
The monks and yogis perform various kinds of Chod on a regular. There are both shorter (1-2 hours) and longer, full day rituals, including
- Precious Rosary (full day Tsogley Rinchen Trengwa with special healing section).
- Hundred Torma Offering (Changbu Gyatsa).
- Offering in 6 Parts (Tabpa Cha Druk).
- Nail of the Four Elements (Chang Shi Zerbu).
- Hard to Tame (Shay Dul).
- Special ceremonies for the dying or deceased (Dur Chod) to assist them in the afterlife journey.
- Lama Choying and his disciples also do a full complement of daily rituals of the Nyingma and Kagyu lineages, including Tara, Amitabha, Phurba, and many others.
Remote Healing Chod Program
You can participate in this unique healing opportunity, by creating and submitting an Identity Packet (described below). your energy signature will be on the shrine at the Gatsel Choling Monastery, Bhutan, in order to receive all daily and monthly healing rituals.
- Healing meditation rituals are done at last 4 times per week, and several full day rituals per month.
- This means some 200 healing rituals per year.
- It also means inclusion in annual Drupchens.
- There is also inclusion in all other daily Sang rituals, Protector practices and so on!
How to create an Identity Packet for Tibetan Healing Chod:
- Use a recent photo, approximately 4 x 6 inches (on photo paper is best).
- On the reverse, put your birth name and birth date.
- On the reverse tape a SINGLE STRAND of HAIR.
- Also tape a SMALL square of clothing (1 or 2″ square).. Could be a label.
- This must be from some unwashed piece of clothing you have worn.
- Send to us, along with your address and email.
- Enclose a check for the annual fee, payable to TIBETAN HEALING CHOD.
- These packets are HAND CARRIED if possible, from the US, directly to the monastery, a couple times a year.
NOTE: 100% of these donations are sent by MoneyGram, Bank Transfer, etc, directly to Lama Chöying There are no administrative fees or money given to any third party (excluding any cost of money transfers, exchange rates, mail, etc).
- Payment can also be made via Paypal ($206.00) to email@example.com
- Donation for this ongoing service is $200 for a full year of healing Chod rituals ($4 per week!).
- These funds are used to support for the building of the MaChik Monastery and for the support of Lama Choying and his monks at Gatsel Choling.
Mailing Address: Lama Jinpa 321 N Pass Ave, Suite 151, Burbank, CA 91505. USA
While these practices have profound effects, and can be a catalyst to deep healing, they are not advertised as a substitute for standard health care, alternative health care, or warranted to cure any illness, disease or medical condition. They are, however, warranted to change your karma.