Lama Choying is an authentic lineage holder who has received numerous transmissions from the highest level of realized masters from various Nyingma and Kagyu schools, including the following:
- From Kyabje Dudjom Rinpoche Lama received the thirteen dharma cycles of Pema Lingpa, empowerments and transmissions.
- From the venerable Ngushul Khenpo Rinpoche he received the Todraol (Dzochen) Cho cho, Chod jung.
- At Rawabi, he obtained from his root guru, the Lam Rinpoche, the Chod Tsok, Shitro (peaceful and wrathful dieites of the bard), Chidu Konchog, Knowing One Liberates All, Shingdrup, Long-life Amitayus practice, Uchok (Amitabha), Nye ning, Pacification (Shijé) of Padampa Sangye, Mind Training, etc.
- He received empowerment (wong), reading transmission (lung), tri (explanation) and performed the full ritual accomplishments (drupa) of all of these cycles of practice.
- From vDodrup Chen Rinpoche, he received the Richen TerDzo, Kama, Gongdu, Shitro and Phurba Namshak Putri (Dudjom Linpga) and Chod empowerment, one hundred empowerments and transmissions.
- From Dilgo Kyentse Rinpoche Lama Choying received the Kanjur and blessings of the 84 Mahasiddas.
- At Bodhgaya from the Dalai Lama he received the Kalachakra, Sheting Four (Najarjunas letter).
- From Taklung Tsetral Rinpoche, he received the Gonpa Zangtel wong and lung.
- From Lama Khenpo Karpo, he was given the Dudjom Phutri Rekpung wong and lung.
- From Jekenpo Tulku (70th Je Khenpo of Bhutan), Tulku Jigme Chodrak, he obtained the Akshobya, Demchog, and the Eighty Mahasiddhas, Kalachakra empowerment, Chenrezig vows, and Taten Tsewong initiation.
- From the16th Karmapa, he was given the third display of the Black Crown Ceremony and Long Life initiation.
- From Kyabje Kalu Rinpoche he got the Amitabha Powa and Long life empowerments.
The MaChik Lineage
Lama is a direct lineage holder on the current forth level of the profound Chod tradition, as follows.
- Machiks son, Gyalwa dondrup, reincarnated at Ekali Jong as Lama Dechen Gepa Dorje (Gelek Wangchuk).
- MaChik’s subsequent reincarnation was Shuhksep Jetsun Ani Lochen Rinpoche, Rigzin Choying Zangmo.
- This lineage went to Trulshik Rigzin Lingpa (Ngawang Tenzin Rinpoche).
- The Third Gyalwong Karmapa, Je Rangjung Dorje, reincarnated in a direct lineage right up to the 16th Karmapa, Rigpa Dorje Rinpoche.
- These lineage went to Kalu Rinpoche (Ranjung Kunchab) through his root lama, Loppon Tsewong Chopel.
- Kalu Rinpoche gave the Pacification (Shi-Je) and Chod wong, lung and tri to Lama Choying, so the lineage chain remained unbroken.
- In the current era, Lama, Chechen Pema Lekpa Lodé, incarnation of Dodrup Chen (fourth reincarnation) gave the One Hundred Chö Empowerments (wong na sum), and 360 other empowerments, including the blessing of the 84 Mahasiddhas
Having attained all these connections, Lama Choying is fourth in the line of transmissions.
“Like a golden bridge or lineage chain, there is no tinge of breach of samaya, which remains pure, virtuous and trustworthy.”
For his own personal practice, Lama accomplished the traditional three-year meditation retreat three times, making a full nine years of solitary meditation and mantra accomplishment (Nyendrup).